Gone, but not forgotten.

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Dec 12, 2016
Canada
Hello everyone, it is with a heavy heart that I write this post.
This past weekend, Moonless has passed away as the result of a stroke.
I have been in communication with her family, and was told that the event was fairly quick and more or less painless.
Moon has been a part of our comminities for many years, and others like myself have come to create a strong bond with her.
Being that I am in contact with her family, if anyone wanted to send any videos/pictures of her thime here with us, or say anything to her/her family I will be sending those along to the family.
If you have any questions, or responces to this post, please message me directly and i'll do my best to assist.
Moon was one of the most amazing people I have ever meet, and will not be forgotten. May you rest in peace.

Apr 29, 2017
heaven
Apr 30, 2017
The Last City
So as some of you may know, Moon played a lot of Ark. A server that we (Moon, me, and others on here) played on, held a memorial for her. It was very emotional and I got tears in my eyes. Moon impacted a lot of lives and she will never, ever be forgotten.

Here are some of the beautiful screenshots that people took of the in-game memorial: MoonMemorial1.png MoonMemorial2.png MoonMemorial3.png

It was also streamed and recorded if any of you would like to see it.

I'll miss you, Mama Moon <3

Jul 1, 2017
Hello everyone, it is with a heavy heart that I write this post.
This past weekend, Moonless has passed away as the result of a stroke.
I have been in communication with her family, and was told that the event was fairly quick and more or less painless.
Moon has been a part of our comminities for many years, and others like myself have come to create a strong bond with her.
Being that I am in contact with her family, if anyone wanted to send any videos/pictures of her thime here with us, or say anything to her/her family I will be sending those along to the family.
If you have any questions, or responces to this post, please message me directly and i'll do my best to assist.
Moon was one of the most amazing people I have ever meet, and will not be forgotten. May you rest in peace.
Wow I didn't know this was happening. Back in shock network she was really nice and I saw her in the hub lots of times, I really do miss Shock. rest in peace Moon

May 4, 2017
I just seen this and you could say me and moon were super close, she helped me buy ranks and we used to skype Aton and she would give me advice about school and girls and she was always there. She would unban me after many times of hacking or completely being dumb. This breaks my heart and she will always be remembered by me.

May 11, 2017
NY
Reading this really didn't seem real..I wasn't close to Moonless, and haven't spoken to her since the shock days but I still feel like I lost a friend of sorts. I remember getting into quite a few arguments with Moonless over the shock years but I always respected her. She was always such an important figure on the server/in the community and in my opinion a mother figure to a lot of people. My heart hurts and I'm still trying to convince myself this isn't just a dream. Keeping her in my thoughts.. rest in peace Moonless.
Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 1.43.17 AM.png

Last edited:
May 1, 2017
nowhere
unknownkoi145.wixsite.com
Can't believe its been six months already. Ik its not quite that long since the announcement, but in the OP Paw said "this past weekend" and this thread was made midweek, so a few days later. I think that was the right thing to do looking back, Paw giving himself time to recover from the shock before announcing the heartbreaking news to anyone who didn't already know.

Feb 3, 2019
Abandoned Skyrealm
I can't believe I took this long to find this out. Moonless was a great person. She was a great administrator, and an even better friend. I really hope adding on to this five more months after the last post isn't too inappropriate, but, you know what, in time, someone might really appreciate what I have to add, and I don't want to keep that away from them.

Shock is long gone at this point, but, it was decidedly my childhood, and I'll always remember it. One of my all-time favorite memories on the server was the time that I had finally completed my greatest project, and almost immediately after, was able to share my creation with one of the heads of operations of the game. Looking back at these screenshots, it seems like Moon was a little busy at the time, but, she was still able to come see what I was so excited about. That's one of the things that really made Moonless great. While I, admittedly, was just another player on the server, she always had my back, and was genuinely glad to see me, and everyone else, having pure fun and enjoyment.

My screenshots are honestly a little embarrassing, hence I don't share them all too much (Don't worry about them being portrait instead of landscape, it's just because I was in old-timey VR), but, these aren't bad, and whoever wants to read this deserves to see the images. Aside from the moment I talked about, I was also able to find a few other happy moments in my old screenshots that she was a part of.

Hopefully at this time, as people have had their time to recover, things have gotten better, as I'm sure Moon would wish, whether or not said things be about her. May she rest in peace.

(Incase attatchments aren't separate, thumbnails below this text. Might edit them out if they are.)
2016-03-30_19.39.16.png 2016-03-30_19.39.29.png 2016-03-30_19.40.06.png 2016-03-30_19.42.11.png 2016-03-30_19.42.38.png 2016-03-30_19.43.13.png 2016-03-30_19.45.16.png 2016-03-30_19.45.31.png 2016-03-30_19.45.43.png 1549336593959.png 1549336739285.png 1549337050422.png 1549337861571.png

Lorree

Newcomer
Feb 27, 2019
I just heard about this, and I'm so freaking heartbroken. Though its been a couple years since I last spoke to moon, I remember her. I still have videos of when I first started doing YT with her in them. She was a good friend and helped me when I was first learning how to 'moderate' a server as a helper. I'm thankful I got to know her.

snsn

Newcomer
Jun 30, 2019
Dear Moonless,

I just heard about the news and I hope my words will reach you, wherever you are.

I don't know if you'd remember me if you were still here today but I sure do remember you. I still remember the first time we met. You were fairly new on shock, I was hanging out at the shops on skyrealms and people were using bad language in chat. Idk if we both interved or it was only me but I remember that a couple of seconds later, you messaged me about that stuff. We talked about how great we would be if we were moderators. After that day, we became good friend and you trusted me a lot. We would help eachothers all the time and I like to think that I played a part in your ascension to admin. I probably didn't but whatever. It was really fun hanging out with you and seeing how much you cared about everyone. I missed teaching you about hacks and how to spot them. You made me feel like I was important to you and I'll forever be grateful for it.

After a while, I felt like things changed and I did immature things that I shouldn't have done. It just went downhill from that moment on. I lashed out on everyone, on you and I shouldn't have. I never wanted to hurt you. You didn't deserve any of the drama and toxicity I brought upon you. You were a great person and I'm totally sorry about it. I should have talked to you in private and swallow my pride instead of being a brat with a huge ego who thought the world revolved around him. Unfortunately, what's done is done and I can't take any of it back. I don't hate myself for it either. I hate myself for not apologizing earlier, before you passed. You probably forgot all about me after a year or so and I don't blame you, you were used to deal with kids on a daily basis. The thought of my last words to you were insults is something I deeply regret.

I hope you had tons of fun after I left Shock, I hope I didn't hurt you that badly. I wish I would have been your friends for the last years of your life. I would have loved to see you as happy as ever. I wish I would have been the friend you wanted me to be. I also wish I could have been there for you when you needed help. I just hate thinking that you might have been alone when it all happened. Right now, the only thing I can wish is that you're somewhere peaceful and that you're happy. I bet you're teaching children how to play video games up there right now.

Rest in peace Moonless, you will not be forgotten. You will always be in my heart.

Love,
Sneaky