Our First Game!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Dec 12, 2016
Canada
Hello all.

We have been hard at work building our own game from the ground up, and I think it's ready for it's first alpha release!

Currently it's called Forest, but that will change over time. I just needed a name for the moment.
Also, things like sounds, music, and visuals will change as well.

Keep in mind that as this is a alpha, there will be bugs and things may change drastically.
The game has it's own launcher to handle automatic updates.

We are completely open to ideas and improvements etc as we want this to be a game for the community, by the community!

Here are the current controls:
W/S/A/D -or- UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT : move the character.
E/ESC/ENTER : pause/inventory
J/Z : use item 1
K/X : use item 2
M : toggle between music1, music2, and no music.

There is also a secret room that contains an awesome sword!

Without further delay, here it is!
Change-log page. https://heliosgaming.net/threads/changelog.104/
Downloads page. https://heliosgaming.net/threads/downloads.103/

Note that it is currently Windows and Linux only.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017
Gallifrey
steamcommunity.com
So did some playing, so here's my brief and horribly edited "review"

*edit* removed the atrocity of a video I attempted *edit*
should really add me making a video to the geneva convention

Last edited:
Nice game, you focused on the gameplay and loading times which matter, rather than tried to give it bonuses on release like awesome graphics or a Fifa level soundtrack, but it rly does need some improvements.

• When you've killed all the hedgehogs, there's nothing to do and to get more hedgehogs you have to go into the room where the sword is. Any chance we could have respawning hedgehogs?
  • Maybe when the game reaches beta or full release, maybe add a multiplayer mode where players can PvP?

Dec 12, 2016
Canada
Nice game, you focused on the gameplay and loading times which matter, rather than tried to give it bonuses on release like awesome graphics or a Fifa level soundtrack, but it rly does need some improvements.

• When you've killed all the hedgehogs, there's nothing to do and to get more hedgehogs you have to go into the room where the sword is. Any chance we could have respawning hedgehogs?
  • Maybe when the game reaches beta or full release, maybe add a multiplayer mode where players can PvP?
Thanks for the feedback. This game will be a retro style, so it won't have supper awesome graphics.
Respawning enemies is a good idea, I'll take a look at that. I do plan to have both single and multiplayer modes in the future.

Thanks for the feedback. This game will be a retro style, so it won't have supper awesome graphics.
Respawning enemies is a good idea, I'll take a look at that. I do plan to have both single and multiplayer modes in the future.
Didn't rly suggest better graphics as they make zero contribution towards the quality of the game but ok. Was just sayin' you did it right and focused on better gameplay and quick loading times.

Dec 12, 2016
Canada
Linux support soon!
I will not be able to provide MacOS support though, as I do not have a mac to build the code and test etc.

Last edited: