Shock rebuilds

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
May 1, 2017
Saga
unknownkoi145.wixsite.com
At the weekend, I found a screenshot from two years ago of something I built for Shock. I decided I could definitely make a much better rebuild now, so I decided to rebuild it.

IMG_0002.JPG
This is the original, a new (at the time) shocker skyrealm which was built on 19 February 2016, so over two and a half years ago now. As is clearly visible from the fact that it's just a cuboid of red sandstone and dirt, zero attention and effort was put into detail. It was intended to give all three types of things that take over dirt (grass, mycelium and podzol) aswell as a dark oak tree, which gives more (and darker) wood than a regular oak. Fast forward to yesterday and here's the rebuild, below.
full island.jpg
The first screenshot is of the full island, and shows a much bigger island that actually has some detail in the shape of it and small parts around the edges being a block lower. No mycelium or podzol in this one, and there is coarse dirt there mixed in with the regular dirt the grass is on for detail, and some tall grass. I decided to change what the red sandstone is on the island and instead of being the border, its now a frame with a staircase on all four sides leading up to a dark oak tree.
under the tree.jpg
You can go under the stairs and the tree, and this screenshot shows what is there. Red sandstone stairs have been used to detail the underside of the stairs and the frame under the dirt which the tree is on. There are some torches for light, and instead of eight light grey banners with light blue on them (colours of Shock), there are two black banners with orange ends and an orange cross (colours of Helios). The chest contains everything needed to get started. This rebuild can be downloaded from Google Drive by clicking here.

I'll probably do more rebuilds of my old Shock builds in the future.
If you do end up downloading any of these rebuilds, I'd love to see what you do with them, whether that's in single player doing it on your own or on a private server to use plugins or do it with friends. You must get my consent before using any of them for a public server.

Apr 29, 2017
Pandora
That area is 150x150 (150 is the minimum length it said in the old requirements thread)
The minimum. That will be like the other maps you made. The whole thing will be spawn camping and rushing. @Dxmxn could do that in under a minute as you can't block the sponge/beacon fast enough. Having it right behind/in where you spawn wouldnt work either as the spawn camping comes up again. If its on top of the spawn then it's easier to rush and no one will want to play it. I can't remeber the name of the map, but the huge forest and castle map. That was small width wise, but length was much bigger. Same on the meteorite map. Make it larger or no one will want to play your map.

May 1, 2017
Saga
unknownkoi145.wixsite.com
The minimum. That will be like the other maps you made. The whole thing will be spawn camping and rushing. @Dxmxn could do that in under a minute as you can't block the sponge/beacon fast enough. Having it right behind/in where you spawn wouldnt work either as the spawn camping comes up again. If its on top of the spawn then it's easier to rush and no one will want to play it. I can't remeber the name of the map, but the huge forest and castle map. That was small width wise, but length was much bigger. Same on the meteorite map. Make it larger or no one will want to play your map.
Ok, but how much larger?