1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Survival

Discussion in 'Updates' started by FlamingPaw, Jul 3, 2017.

By FlamingPaw on Jul 3, 2017 at 11:10 PM
  1. FlamingPaw

FlamingPaw Fluffball

The white-list on survival has been removed!

Please note that this gamemode is not in it's final stage, and things may change before release.
    We are always open to suggestions to fixes, changes, and improvements.

Our survival has many differences in game mechanics over vanilla survival, so I have added some documentation below.

Compressed Blocks
    You have the ability to compress and de-compress various blocks. Simply place 9 of the same block into a crafting table to recieve a single "compressed" block. Compressed blocks can be de-compressed in a crafting grid. Compressed blocks can be placed in the world, however note that breaking a placed compressed block will only return you a random number of normal blocks between 5 and 9!
    • All kind of woods (Logs)
    • All kind of planks
    • Dirt
    • Stone
    • Andesite, Diorite & Granite !
    • Cobblestone
    • Sand and Red Sand
    • Gravel
    • Soul Sand
    • Netherrack

Active Animals
    Animals and normally passive mobs will attack you if you bother them too much, or try to kill them. Note that all Animals and mobs within a 10 block radius of you will attack if any other attacks. Animals/passive mobs that will attack are:
    • Bat
    • Chicken
    • Cow
    • Mooshroom
    • Pig
    • Sheep
    • Squid
    • Horse
    • Villager
    • Wolf
    • Ocelot
    • Rabbit
    • Polar Bear
    • Lama
    • Parrot

XP Bottle
    You have the ability to store, retrieve, and transfer XP.
    To do this, you need to craft a magic bottle.
    [​IMG]
    To add XP from your player to the bottle, left click the bottle while it is in your hand. To take XP from the bottle, right click the bottle while it is in your hand. Either action will transfer 1 level at a time.
    You can transfer 10 levels at a time if you hold the SHIFT key while right or left clicking. You can place the bottle in a crafting grid to take all XP from the bottle.

Chisel
    The Chisel will allow you to change a blocks design. (Rotate a log, change between the different quartz blocks etc.) To craft the Chisel, simply put an iron ingot and a stick together in a crafting grid. The Chisel will take damage on each use, and you will need to make a new one once it breaks. You can use the following blocks with the Chisel:
    • Stone Brick
    • Monster Egg Stone Brick
    • Sandstone
    • Red Sandstone
    • Quartz Blocks
    • Quartz Pillars
    • Glazed Terracotta
    • All Log Types
    • Purpur Pillars
    • All Stair Types
    • End Rods
    • Pumpkins
    • Jack-o'-Lanterns
    • Hay Bales

Building Structures
    You can no longer build floating structures. If you try, the blocks will fall like sand/gravel. In order to build floating structures, you must first use a fence as a building support underneath. Once you build your structure on top of the supports, you can then remove the supports and your structure will stand.

[​IMG]

Thirst
    If you do not drink regularly you will become thirsty. When you get very thirsty, you will start to become hurt by taking damage every couple minutes.

Trees
    You are unable to punch trees. You can use various other random items however. If you chop down a tree with an axe, you will recieve 1-3 blocks of wood. If you do not, you only recieve 1 block.

Fatigue
    When you do various activities like breaking blocks, and other things your fatigue will increase. If your fatigue reaches 250, you will be unable to perform actions like placing and breaking blocks until you sleep in a bed. Disabled for now.

Armour Weight
    Your player speed can be changed if you are wearing heavy armor.

Broken Bones
    If you fall from a high distance you have a chance of breaking your bones. When your bones are broken, you will move slower until they heal. The time it takes to heal will depend on how high you fell. You can also heal your bones by right clicking with a bandage in your hand. Bandages will not worked if they are stacked. You can craft a bandage like so:
    [​IMG]

Trails
    When you walk, you will leave a short trail behind you. This trail will disappear after a short time.

Fire Arrows
    If you fire an arrow with the fire enchantment, a fire will start where the arrow lands.

Seasons
    There are various seasons that will affect your player.
    When night falls, the weather will do nothing.

Spring

Beautiful:
    Revitalized:
    Regeneration 1 until the day ends because it's such a nice day!

Breezy:
    Hold Onto Your Hat:
    1 in 3 chance that any light 'hat' (helmet) you put on will blow off.
    Wind in Your Boots: 10% chance for players to gain Speed 1 for 20 seconds every 2 minutes.

Chilly:
    The Shivers:
    Moving in water will hurt half a heart!

Rainy:
    Wet Mud:
    Slowness 2 when walking on farmed dirt.

Summer

Beautiful:
    Revitalized:
    Regeneration 1 until the day ends because it's such a nice day!

Scorching:
    Hot Sand:
    5% chance that moving on sand will hurt half a heart!
    Soldering Iron: If you hold a completely iron item for more than 5 seconds, it will begin burning your hand for half a heart!

Hot:
    Sweating:
    Receive Weakness 1 if you have full armor on!

Warm:
    Feels Good:
    Receive Speed 1 if you have no armor on!

Autumn

Breezy:
    Hold Onto Your Hat:
    1 in 3 chance that any light 'hat' (helmet) you put on will blow off.
    Wind in Your Boots: 10% chance for players to gain Speed 1 for 20 seconds every 2 minutes.

Cold:
    Primitive Heating:
    If your inventory contains something hot (lava, blaze rods or blaze powder), gain a Resistance 1 effect.
    Warming Stew: Eating any stew will give you Regeneration 1 for 10 seconds.

Rainy:
    Wet Mud:
    Slowness 2 when walking on farmed dirt.

Stormy:
    Devastation:
    You cannot regenerate health, good luck!
    Strong Current: Slowness 2 while walking in water.

Winter

Freezing:
    Icy:
    Any water you place down will turn into ice, as well as any water nearby.
    Frostbite: If you don't have full armor on after 10 seconds, start taking half a heart of damage until you get some!

Cold:
    Primitive Heating:
    If your inventory contains something hot (lava, blaze rods or blaze powder), gain a Resistance 1 effect.
    Warming Stew: Eating any stew will give you Regeneration 1 for 10 seconds.

Snowy:
    Frostbite:
    If you don't have full armor on after 10 seconds, start taking half a heart of damage until you get some!
    Fluffy Coat: If you have full armor on, you'll receive Resistance 1 instead of crippling Frostbite!

Rainy:
    Wet Mud:
    Slowness 2 while walking on farmed dirt.

Bleeding
    When you take damage, you have a small chance to suffer blood loss. When you loose blood, you will go blind and take damage. You can wait until you stop bleeding, or you can heal yourself by right clicking with a piece of paper in your hand. (Just a normal paper, not the bandage to heal broken bones.)

Dxmxn and Koi like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'Updates' started by FlamingPaw, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Moonless
      Moonless
      Paw is the Wolf! Yes!
    2. origamifish
      origamifish
      this is a valid attempt at making a fun version of survival, however I do not think needing to make medicine and bandages every 2 seconds is "fun"
      Koi likes this.
    3. origamifish
      origamifish
      *cough cough* mineverse *cough cough* survival is still better even thought its completely vanilla
    4. FlamingPaw
      FlamingPaw
      Which I agree with, and it will change.
      Koi likes this.
    5. Koi
      Koi
      Nice gamemode you've made there. But thirst, fatigue and armour weight are abit too unMinecraft and will probably mean I will be playing survival less than I would've.
      Also, how long til creative is out?
      origamifish likes this.
    6. Dxmxn
      Dxmxn
      Niceee
      Koi likes this.
    7. origamifish
      origamifish
      btw about summer, I thought most iron tools have a WOODEN handle so one doesn't get burned?
    8. Moonless
      Moonless
      Late late last night Paw and I were talking about the cold and bandage thing. This is just a beta version. It will be adjusted. But that being said, I personally think the new stuff adds a lot to the excitement of the game. Minecraft is so easy to play this makes it more challenging and intersting to play. Now we need feedback on how to improve it and make it better.
      Koi likes this.
    9. Dxmxn
      Dxmxn
      So pretty fun so far, I set up my res in one of those pre-spawn homes in the woods, but anytime I get inside it my chat will get spammed "You feel cozy/comfy" (something along that) It's very annoying at times, as I can miss messages in chat.
      Fingy and Koi like this.
    10. Koi
      Koi
      Aswell as causing fps lag sometimes (as I found out while recording)
    11. Dxmxn
      Dxmxn
      Ah, that would make sense, but with my new pc I usually get 150-200 frames average, so I never notice any drops
      Koi likes this.
    12. Moonless
      Moonless
      Good to know. I noticed that but at the time I was dying so that spammed my chat much more. Keep it coming guys (and gals) we want to make it better!!
      Koi likes this.
    13. DiamondHunterToo
      DiamondHunterToo
      the I Feel cozy.. message gets really annoying because it spams you and you cant even read chat
      Koi and Dxmxn like this.
    14. Dxmxn
      Dxmxn
      ^^^
      I'm assuming it's from like light sources or something like that
      Koi likes this.
    15. DiamondHunterToo
      DiamondHunterToo
      I guess but its really annoying
      can we have it say that every 2 mins instead of every half micro second?
      Koi likes this.
    16. FlamingPaw
      FlamingPaw
      An update I made last night should have fixed this spam.
      Koi likes this.
    17. origamifish
      origamifish
      incorrect XD it still says it every 2 seconds
      Koi likes this.
    18. origamifish
      origamifish
      wow I'm not liking the AFK kick
      Koi likes this.
    19. FlamingPaw
      FlamingPaw
      It used to be ~20 times a second.